Monday, November 15, 2010

Romans & Egyptians

Have you ever been so caught up in the potential of a great love with someone? Life and human nature can definitely deter us from a path of harmony. Sometimes we let doubt enter in and prevent us from just living and enjoying the moment. All good things come to an end, but that should not be a reason not to dive head first into love. So to everyone that's starting a new love or maybe rebuilding an old broken love, this is for you. Just take the chance. Who knows? You might even make history this time!

Romans and Egyptians
Make me a slave for this love.
I want to be trapped in your trance and seduced by your dance.
Held captive by the grip of your hands in my pants
Pillage my village, put me in your prison.
Reign over me like the Romans and Egyptians
With skin like Cleopatra, and a soul richer than the Nile
We could conquer the world, for miles and miles
Our heartbeats are like war drums, just stop and listen
We could make more history than the Romans and Egyptians
I could see us riding chariots, blowing smoke above
Putting my Africa in your Asia, making volcanoes erupt
Causing a downpour of serotonin in our central nervous systems
We can make legendary love like the Romans and Egyptians
I’ll never throw stones or make you cry
I’ll never overthrow you or hurt your pride
We could sit on two fresh thrones and be two fresh princes
Build our love into an empire like the Romans and Egyptians
If you tore down my walls like those in Berlin
Or harbored me in your body and the warmth of it
Could we adorn our bodies with diamonds, glitter, pearls, and sequins?
Or will we eventually crumble like the Romans and Egyptians
Will we get high for a while and enjoy the bliss
Will we one day cease to greet with a kiss
Is this going to last or be gone in an instance
Will we fade to a memory like the Romans and Egyptians

Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment